Last modified: September 24, 2021
Chinese Climbing Vocabulary
A non-exhaustive list of Chinese slang and colloquialisms in the realm of rock climbing.
- 一把过 - Flash
- “On了”/“On掉了” - This is how you refer to “onsight”.
- 红点 - Redpoint
- 红点饭 - When you redpoint your project, you treat your climbing homies to dinner.
- 快挂 - Quickdraw
- 挂片 - Bolt/hanger
- 挂绳神器 - Clipstick 🤐
- 结组 - Multi-pitch
- 扣扣点 - Crimp, referring to the type of hold/formation. To “crimp” as a verb is just 扣
- 反肩 - Gaston
- 反提 - Undercling
- 顶绳 - Top-rope
- 先锋 - Lead
- 抱石 - Bouldering
- “A住了” - In direct, anchored on personal safety system.
- 翻顶 - top out (as in bouldering)
- 折膝 - drop knee
- 撑 - mantle, verb
- 连出手 - bump, verb
- 磕线 - working on a line; projecting