Gear I Use
Honestly, it’s the gear that keeps me going in this code world.
- Laptop - MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). Broken screen, broken keyboard because an air conditioner at an office leaked all over it once! Still works much better than my modern MBP at work.
- Keyboard - Filco Majestouch Minila Air Mechanical Bluetooth Keyboard (the pink one)
- Text editor - VS code with Material Theme
- Font - Currently enjoying Input Mono. It’s free to download and use for coding, FYI.
- Monitor - Dell U2417H 24”
- For more info, check my dotfiles.
- KRK Rokit 5 - limited edition “silver” run.
- Headphones - for neutral mixing/reference, I use Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro. For daily beat bumping, Sony WH-1000XM3.
- Audio Interface - Apogee Duet
- Field Recordings - I have a very handy Zoom h5 for this purpose.
- Digital Audio Workstation - Ableton Live, of course.
- MP3 encoder - I use pprmnt to encode wav -> mp3
- Korg Microkorg XL
- Roland SP 404sx
- A smattering of midi controllers in varying states of breakage.
- Mammut Eternity Classic 9.8mm
- 12 x Black Diamond Posiwire
- 12 x Black Diamond Hotwire
- For shoes, I have a pair of La Sportiva Skwama as my main, and a pair of Otaki which are reaching EOL and used for climbing dirty things.
- Black Diamond Vector to protect my brain
- Eldrid Ohm
- Camera - Minolta X707
Personal blog by John Roberts