- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 (75g) cup melted butter, unsalted or salted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) of all-purpose flour
- Chocolate chips or nuts, if needed.
Note: If you have frozen bananas, you can thaw them by running hot tap water over them for 1-2 mins; then peel; then thaw in the microwave for 3ish mins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl until mushy, when mushy add the melted butter.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, and the flour last.
- That’s it. Can bake now. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for a few mins before serving.