Chocolate chip cookies
- 4 oz. (113g) butter - room temperature or melted
- 1/2 cup (64g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (64g) of granulated sugar
Mix those together with a spatula, “creaming” it against the side of the bowl. This lends structure to the cookie. When it becomes a creamy consistency, you can move on.
- one egg - egg should be room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Blend those into the bowl of butter and sugar mix. Now move on to the dry ingredients.
- 1 and 1/4 cup (160g) of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix into the bowl real nice and add the key ingredient.
- 1 and 1/2 cup (192g) chocolate chip cookies.
- If you’re fancy, you can chop up some dark chocolate here and add as well.
Done mixing and you have chocolate chip cookie dough.
Now time to start cooking. We need to make the cookies.
Roll the dough up into little balls, about the size of a golf ball or so. At this point, a good tip is to put the dough balls into the fridge to ensure that the cookies maintain their shape.
Lastly, when it’s time to cook, here’s what you do.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (176.667 degrees celsius).
- Put the cookies on a pan with some wax paper.
- Cook in the oven for 15-18 minutes.