Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe taken from this bilibili video
Prepare the dough.
- 55g of avocado
- 110g of skim milk
- 3g of yeast
- 3g of sea salt
- 20g of sugar or sugar replacement
- 1 egg
- 250g of high-gluten whole wheat flower
- Smash up the avocado
- Beat the egg
- Dump all of the ingredients in a bowl
- Knead laterally until it becomes dough-y step 4. In the beginning, it will be kind of sticky. Alternate between kneading and smashing. Smash and knead.
- Use your fist to knead to prevent it from sticking to your hand when it becomes a bit more sticky step 5.
- Knead it for like 15 minutes until the surface of the dough becomes shiny.
- Roll it into a ball.
- Cover it in saran wrap to let the yeast yeastify. Or rise.
- Let the yeast rise in yeast-rising-mode on your oven for about 1 hour, if you have an oven with that kind of mode. If you don’t, then let the dough sit in a room at 27-30 degrees celsius until the dough is about twice its original size. It should rise to 2x.
- When it’s flat and about twice it’s size, it’s ready. It should have a net-like grid-like sinewy texture/structure on the inside, see pic step 10.
Let it rise.
Next, we need to make the cinnamon liner for the bread.
- 30g of Brown Sugar
- 3g of cinnamon powder
- 8g of skim milk
- Mix those in a bowl to consistency.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a surface (the surface where you will roll up the cinnamon rolls).
- Knead the dough a few times to remove any remaining air bubbles.
- Knead the dough into a ball. Sprinkle some flour on top.
- Now you need to roll the dough out, with a pin, into a big rectangle, about 5mm thick, part two step 5.
- Make sure it is a good rectangle, you can use your hands to make it a perfect-ish rectangle.
- Slather the cinnamon liner evenly onto the dough rectangle, part two step 7.
- Now you need to fold the dough rectangle into thirds, from the top, hotdog style, part two step 8. Start from top to middle, then bottom on top.
- Cut vertically into six even slices.
- For each slice, cut two slits so that there are three little pieces, like tentacles, hanging down, part two step 10.
- Next you need to braid those three little tentacles part two step 11.
- After braiding, don’t let go! Take the head, and pinch it to the tail, part two step 12.
You should now have six little braided pieces of dough.
Now, the baking part.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Butter a cupcake pan.
- Put the six dough braids into the pan and slather some egg on top (a small layer of egg? need more details about this 鸡蛋液)
- Bake them for 15 mins in this 200 degree oven.
- Take them out of oven, sprinkle some sugar or cream powder on top.
Serve with coffee.