Last modified: September 01, 2022
Simple Rules For Easy To Understand Code
Title. Stolen from someone on hacker news.
- Always aim for declarative programming (abstract out the how it does it),
- limit the depth of the function calls (rabbit hole developers…),
- separate business logic from framework internals and
- choose composition over inheritance.
- Also avoid traits and mixins (run from the dark magic)
- don’t over document the language or framework, only the eyebrow raising lines, the performance sensitive stuff and the context surrounding the file if it isn’t obvious.
- name stuff to be easily grepable